Friday, April 30, 2010

Framed "gyre" work on paper

I framed up the still untitled "gyre" painting yesterday, which was a good 2 hour long endeavor. I feel lucky to have the studio space that I do have, but it's terrible for framing work. There's always crap floating around, so I have to take excessive steps to keep everything clean as I work.
Anyway, this piece is on a full sheet of watercolor paper, which stretched comes to around 22 1/2" x 30 1/4", or someplace in that area. The work is framed out to 26"x34".

This piece will be the basis for a much larger and more detailed painting about the great pacific garbage patch. I went out to Ocean Beach in San Francisco and collect plastic trash that had washed up (of which there is a lot), and then brought it back here, where I treated it in a soapy bath for a couple of weeks, agitating it and sterilizing it.



No comments:

Post a Comment