Monday, May 24, 2010

Incapable of taking a break...



After working long hours from the middle/end of February up until the middle of May, I really thought I was going to be all about taking a long break. I'm flying out to Columbus for the Cut-Ups opening the first weekend in June, and then flying back to Omaha for two weeks, so I don't want to start anything substantial. I hate the idea of starting a large painting and leaving it in the middle. It never seems to work out correctly. So I was just going to take a small break, and call it that.
Unfortunately, I just couldn't take a break. I spent a few days watching movies and playing videogames, but I got very bored very fast. A group in LA sent me an e-mail asking for a small piece for a charity they're doing that gives food to children with AIDS, so I thought I'd make up something to send down to them. I did a small piece for the Bemis that was originally just going to be a one-off, but I ended up liking the idea so much that I decided to make a series. Some of these might end up at the show at HANG in June, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment